POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Is there any way to make a custom pattern? : Is there any way to make a custom pattern? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:56:07 EDT (-0400)
  Is there any way to make a custom pattern?
From: John Chatham
Date: 22 Mar 2001 10:21:17
Message: <3ABA191B.A47B8A97@mail.rit.edu>
I've been using crackle to make randomly placed armor plates, but I also
need to have one plate in a specific location, and have it not overlap
any of the random plates.  What I'd like to do is something like this:

#macro my_pattern (V)
max( crackle (V), spherical (V) )
#end

#declare my_texture = texture{ my_pattern texture_map{...}}

Is there any way to do something like this?
    John Chatham